Credit Card Device Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Credit Card Machines:
Things to ask:
1) What is being displayed on the Credit Card machine?
2) Is the device getting power and how does it get power (single USB cable, Y cable, or independent power cable)?
3) When was the last time the Credit Card machine worked?
4) How does it connect to the POS terminal? Is it external or built on?
5) Has the Credit Card machine moved recently?
Thing to do:
1) Unplug the power supply, ensure Credit Card machine is off, wait 30 seconds, and plug the machine back in.
2) Check Device manager for windows recognizing the Credit Card machine.
3) Check the drivers.
4) Reinstall drivers.
5) If possible, use a working Credit Card machine from another station. (Ideally one that is an exact match to problem Credit Card machine.)
6) Test problem Credit Card machine on another station that is known to work.
7) If on the server, check “NetePay” and make sure this program is enabled and set to the correct network location (public, private, domain).