There are many settings in RTS that will affect how titles display in the app. We'll cover use-cases and best practices in this article and provide examples and links to other relevant wiki articles.
Digital signage customers should already be familiar with the Internet Film List. If however, you're not taking advantage of this module you may find that some of your titles are missing images and trailers when viewed through the RTS App. To fix this issue, link the scheduled title to the correct entry in the Internet Film List If the correct title doesn't load immediately, begin typing the title name. Avoid using articles such as "a", "an" and "the" as these are removed from beginning of titles when the film list is created. Also, avoid using any punctuation when searching the Internet Film List.
Here is an example of a film not linked using the Internet Film List.
- NOTE: Titles are listed in order of release date and are sorted newest first.
RTS allows you to set up amenities for your performances. For using this in RTS main program see our article on Adding Amenities.
In addition to the standard display amenities such as 3D, subtitles, sensory-friendly etc., you wish to create a "custom" amenity for your performance. Please see the example below:
- "Base Amenity" - the base RTS amenity.
- "Display Name" - the name you want this amenity to display with.
- "Description" - the description you want to use for this amenity (used for the tooltip)
- "Display Type" - how you want the amenity to be displayed.
- "Promoted Amenity" - sets if the amenity is a "promoted" amenity, allowing different behavior (via CSS) on the web page.
- "Non-Standard Video Amenity" - this should be enabled if the amenity is not a standard 2D video format.
- "Image" - allows for an image to be assigned to the amenity
3) Click "Add New" to add the new amenity to the "Configured Amenities" list.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each amenity you want to display.
5) If you want to change the text used for 2D showing from "Standard" to something else, change the "Standard Showing Text".
6) Click "Save"
The following settings were used for this example:
- Base Amenity = Lux Level
- Display Name = CWX
- Description = CWX
- Display Type = Text Only
- Promoted Amenity = Unchecked
- Non-Standard Video Amenity = Unchecked
- Image = No Image