There are many settings in RTS that will affect how titles display in the app. We'll cover use-cases and best practices in this article and provide examples and links to other relevant wiki articles.
Digital signage customers should already be familiar with the Internet Film List. If however, you're not taking advantage of this module you may find that some of your titles are missing images and trailers when viewed through the RTS App. To fix this issue, link the scheduled title to the correct entry in the Internet Film List If the correct title doesn't load immediately, begin typing the title name. Avoid using articles such as "a", "an" and "the" as these are removed from beginning of titles when the film list is created. Also, avoid using any punctuation when searching the Internet Film List.
Here is an example of a film not linked using the Internet Film List.
- NOTE: Titles are listed in order of release date and are sorted newest first.
RTS allows you to set up amenities for your performances. For using this in RTS main program see our article on Adding Amenities.
In addition to the standard display amenities such as 3D, subtitles, sensory-friendly etc., you wish to create a "custom" amenity for your performance. Please see the example below:
Adding Custom Display Amenity
- "Base Amenity" - the base RTS amenity.
- "Display Name" - the name you want this amenity to display with.
- "Description" - the description you want to use for this amenity (used for the tooltip)
- "Display Type" - how you want the amenity to be displayed.
- "Promoted Amenity" - sets if the amenity is a "promoted" amenity, allowing different behavior (via CSS) on the web page.
- "Non-Standard Video Amenity" - this should be enabled if the amenity is not a standard 2D video format.
- "Image" - allows for an image to be assigned to the amenity
3) Click "Add New" to add the new amenity to the "Configured Amenities" list.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each amenity you want to display.
5) If you want to change the text used for 2D showing from "Standard" to something else, change the "Standard Showing Text".
6) Click "Save"
The following settings were used for this example:
- Base Amenity = Lux Level
- Display Name = CWX
- Description = CWX
- Display Type = Text Only
- Promoted Amenity = Unchecked
- Non-Standard Video Amenity = Unchecked
- Image = No Image
Terms of Service
You may wish to add terms of service to your app alerting your customers to special conditions of the sale. This section will discuss how to enable terms of service for your app. It contains examples and is divided into two parts:
- Configuring Terms of Service
- Terms of Service Module Explained
Configuring Terms of Service
1) Navigate to:
Setup –> Ready Ticket Network –> App Configuration.
2) Select Terms of Service.
3) In the Terms of Service Short Description, enter in the white space: “I accept the terms and conditions”
4) In the Terms of Service Long Description, enter the policies for your service agreement.
5) Select "Save" when done.
Terms of Service Module Explained Terms of Service - Short Description:
This text will appear on the confirmation page of your app. The user must check the box before proceeding to the checkout page.
Terms of Service - Long Description:
This contains the body of your terms of service. This appears when the user taps on the short description of the terms of service.