There are many settings in RTS that will affect how titles display in the app. We'll cover use-cases and best practices in this article and provide examples and links to other relevant wiki articles. Issues we'll address are:
- Why are my images not displaying in the app?
- Why is there missing information about my special performance?
- Why aren't my terms of service working?
- 1 Broken Images
- 2 Display Amenities
- 3 Terms of Service
- 4 Terms of Service Module Explained
Linking Titles to Images
Digital signage customers should already be familiar with the Internet Film List. If however, you're not taking advantage of this module, you may find that some of your titles are missing images and trailers when viewed through the RTS App. To fix this issue, link the scheduled title to the correct entry in the Internet Film List.
Please see our Wiki on the film list here: Internet Film List
* NOTE: If the correct title doesn't load immediately, begin typing the title name. Avoid using articles such as "a", "an" and "the" as these are removed from beginning of titles when the film list is created. Also, avoid using any punctuation when searching the Internet Film List.
NOTE: The film list is not in alphabetical order, it is sorted by release date. *NOTE: alphabetizing purposes, the articles a, an, and the are moved as well as punctuation. *Example: 15:17 TO PARIS would be 1517 TO PARIS and A STAR IS BORN would be STAR IS BORN.
Here is an example of a film not linked using the Internet Film List.
Title Not in the Film List
- NOTE: Titles are listed in order of release date and are sorted newest first.
RTS allows you to set up amenities for your performances. For using this in RTS main program see our article on Adding Amenities.
In addition to the standard display amenities such as 3D, subtitles, sensory-friendly etc., you wish to create a "custom" amenity for your performance. Please see the example below:
Adding Custom Display Amenity
- "Base Amenity" - the base RTS amenity.
- "Display Name" - the name you want this amenity to display with.
- "Description" - the description you want to use for this amenity (used for the tooltip)
- "Display Type" - how you want the amenity to be displayed.
- "Image" - allows for an image to be assigned to the amenity
3) Click "Add New" to add the new amenity to the "Configured Amenities" list.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each amenity you want to display.
5) If you want to change the text used for 2D showing from "Standard" to something else, change the "Standard Showing Text".
6) Click "Save"
The following settings were used for this example:
- Base Amenity = Lux Level
- Display Name = CWX
- Description = CWX
- Display Type = Text Only
- Promoted Amenity = Unchecked
- Non-Standard Video Amenity = Unchecked
- Image = No Image
Terms of Service
You may wish to add terms of service to your app alerting your customers to special conditions of the sale. This section will discuss how to enable terms of service for your app. It contains examples and is divided into two parts:
- Configuring Terms of Service
Terms of Service Module Explained
Terms of Service - Short Description:
This text will appear on the confirmation page of your app. The user must check the box before proceeding to the checkout page.
Terms of Service - Long Description:
This contains the body of your terms of service. This appears when the user taps on the short description of the terms of service.
Configuring Terms of Service
1) Navigate to:
Setup –> Ready Ticket Network –> App Configuration.
2) Select Terms of Service.
3) In the Terms of Service Short Description, enter in the white space: “I accept the terms and conditions”
4) In the Terms of Service Long Description, enter the policies for your service agreement.
5) Select "Save" when done.