Microsoft Dynamics Export
A Microsoft Dynamics export is used to create calculations using data that is captured in RTS and creating your own Report that can be exported into a CSV file. This file then can be uploaded into Microsoft Dynamics software or into an Excel Spreadsheet. The configuration of the report and the exporting can be done in
Actions -> Export -> Microsoft Dynamics
Configuring MS Dynamic Export
By configuring the export in the MS Dynamics Export window, using the configure export button, you are creating your own Microsoft dynamics report.
Creating an Account
Setting the account name is used for the name of the account the export is created for.
- 1) Select Add/Edit Account to create the new account name.
- 2) Once an account is created then fields, allocations within the fields, and the value (Viewing the Gross, Net, or Tax of the location) of the export can be configured.
Creating Microsoft Dynamic Fields
Fields are created to distribute amounts to ledger accounts that are within Microsoft Dynamics.
- 1) Select Add Field, then insert the name of the Allocation, the account number associated with it, and whether it is credit or debit.
Assigning Allocations to Microsoft Dynamics Fields
Deposit sections, subtotal, and concession items can be set as allocations.
- 1) Highlight the allocation item on the left-hand side
Allication Description Shift Admissions total tickets for the shift before the deposit has closed Shift Ticket Gross ticket net before the deposit closed Shift Ticket Net ticket gross before the deposit closed Shift Ticket Tax 1 tax category 1 amount set before the deposit closed Shift Ticket Tax 2 tax category 2 amount set before the deposit closed Daily Admissions ticket gross after the deposit closed Daily Ticket Gross ticket gross before the deposit closed Daily Ticket Net ticket net after the deposit closed Daily Ticket Tax 1 tax category 1 amount set after the deposit closed Daily Ticket Tax 2 tax category 2 amount set after the deposit closed Cash Deposit cash sales when the deposit closed OverUnder over/under the total when the deposit closed Credit Visa total sales amount from Visa cards Credit MC total sales amount from Master Cards Credit Amex total sales amount from American express cards Credit Discover total sales amount from Discover cards Credit Other total sales amount from other credit cards Advance Internet Sales total advanced internet sales Advance Station Sales total advanced station(s) sales Matured Sales Tickets that were sold for performance(s) and were picked up at the location
- 2) Select <<< Add and then this will then move the item over to the selected field.
- Note: Make sure to highlight the Allocation field that is getting the new Item assigned to it or else it will default assigning the item to the first allocation on the right-hand side.
Exporting Microsoft Dynamics Export
This export can be run either by a date range or by selecting certain deposit total reports.
- When you select the export button on the MS Dynamics Export window, RTS creates a CSV file that is saved to the Documents section of your machine.
- You can then upload the CSV file to the Microsoft Dynamics Software or to an Excel Sheet
- Note: This example of a MS Dynamics Export was uploaded to Google Sheets. Also, this export was edited for the understanding of how the fields are to look within the export.