Modifiers (Combos, Recipes, etc.)
The concession modifier setup window is used to configure concession modifiers or combos. Concession modifiers are optional concession items that are sold with other concession items.
For instance, lets assume your theatre sells hot dogs. When a hot dog is sold, the customer can order cheese or chill topping. When a hot dog is selected on the concession-selling screen, a menu is displayed allowing the selection of cheese and/or chili topping.
They are also often used for tracking inventory. For example, one may not want to stock Small drink, but instead track inventory for 12 oz cup. Using this window, you may set the small drink as the main item and have a 12 oz cup as a sub item so anytime a small drink is sold, a 12 oz cup is pulled from your inventory.
1) Navigate to
Setup -> Concessions –> Modifier From this screen, you may configure your combos or link items together for inventory purposes.
2) Locate your Combo from the Main Item List located on the right of the screen. You may sort your list by sort number(order in which items were added to your system) or by Alphanumerical (alphabetical). Please use the search bar for efficiency.
3) Highlight your combo or main item. Drag the item to the Main Item section on the left side of the window.
4) Locate your sub items in the Main Item List on the right. Sub Items are the concession products sold within your combo. Drag the concession item from the Main Item List to the Sub Items located in the middle of the configuration window. Repeat this for each item sold with the Main Item.
5) Based off of how many items are listed in your sub items, set your Min and Max accordingly for your Main Item Picks section on the left side. For example, if you have three predetermined items in your combo, you would set the min to 3 and the max of 3 so they are automatically selected each time the Main Item is rung up.
6) Set your each Sub Item to pull from the correct inventory using the Stock From drop down menu.
7) Set your amount to designate how many sub items the customer will receive.
8) Discount your item based off how you want your item to offset the price of your main item. For example, if the price of your large popcorn of your combo (set in RTS under Setup - Concessions - Items) is $5.00, and the price of your popcorn is $4.00, you would discount your popcorn to be $4.00 to not affect the price of your combo. However, if the price of your combo is $0.00 you would leave the discount to be zero (or whatever monetary value you are wanting to discount) to set the price of the combo.
Setup Modifiers Explained
Main Items - The Main Item is the name of your combo or the parent item that will have items associated when sold.
Sub Items - Sub Items are the items within your combo or that will be associated when the main item is sold.
Main Item List - List of all concession items. Drag the item from this list to either your Main Item list or Sub Item list.
Min - This is the least number of modifiers that can be selected for the current main item.
Max - This is the maximum number of modifiers that can be selected for the current main item.
Sub Item Options
Stock From - Designates the stockroom the sub item will stock from.
Sell From This Station Inventory - Check mark if the item will sell from station inventory.
Amount - Designate how many items are sold. For example, if your combo features (2) Large Drinks, Large Drink will have the amount of (2) opposed to listing Large Drink twice in the Sub Item window.
Discount - Deducts the price of the item based on the amount entered into the field.
Multi Pick Initially Selected - This selection configured for each sub item when multiple sub items can be selected. If this setting is checked, when the modifier menu is first displayed, the item will be initially selected.
Special Button - Used to modify an item after it has been added to the tender menu, typically used only for restaurant mode
Hide in Register - Item will not appear in the tender menu
Not Free (Parent Reward) - If the Main Item is being redeemed as a reward, this selection will allow the Sub Item to still have a cost associated with it if selected.
Disable Reward Redemption - Prevents the Sub Item from being used as a reward. For instance, someone has a free popcorn reward available and orders the combo which already has a discounted popcorn in it and they do not want their reward to go towards a discounted item.
Prompt for Amount Override - When this Sub Item is selected, it will prompt to enter a quantity