Step by Step with pictures
What you'll need to get started
- A Chromecast device. The latest versions are pictured.
- Latest version of the Google Home app. A picture of the app icon is featured for reference.
- A Google account. This will be needed to log into the Google Home app.
- Any display device with an HDMI input.
- A compatible phone or tablet. The Google Home app is available on both Android and Apple products.
- Access to a secure wireless network. Make sure you have the wireless network password available.
Set up Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra
1) Plug in Chromecast to the HDMI port of the display device.
2) Install the Google Home app from the App Store or Google Play
3) Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast device.
4) Open the Google Home app Google Home app
5) On the Google Home app's home screen, tap Add and then Set up device and then Set up new devices
6) Confirm Google Account: Choose which Google Account you want to link to Chromecast. You can also add a different account if you don’t see the account you want to use listed. Tap Ok
7)Bluetooth: If you already have Bluetooth turned on, you won’t see this screen. You can skip to the next step
a.Highly recommended: If you don’t have Bluetooth turned on, the Google Home app will ask you to turn on Bluetooth to help improve the setup process. You can swipe up from the bottom of your Home screen and turn on Bluetooth.
b.If you don't want to turn on Bluetooth for setup,
- Tap No thanks.
- Tap your iPhone’s Home button and then tap the Settings app and then Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network that matches your Chromecast device. Look for something like ChromecastXXXX.b.
- Navigate back to the Google Home app. Your device should now be detected. Tap Next. Then skip to step 9.