Using the RTS Timeclock
- 1 Timeclock Configuration and Setup Information
- 1.1 Overview of the Process:
- 1.2 Configuring the Timeclock options:
- 1.3 Creating the "Departments" that employees can be in:
- 1.4 Assigning Time Clock Departments:
- 1.5 Assign Pay Rates:
- 1.6 Scheduling employees with the "Employee Scheduler:
- 1.7 Overview of RTS Timeclock Reports
Timeclock Configuration and Setup Information
Overview of the Process:
- Configuring the Timeclock options
- Creating the "Departments" that employees can be in
- Placing the employees in the appropriate departments
- Entering the appropriate pay rates for each employee, in each department
- Scheduling employees with the "Employee Scheduler"
IMPORTANT NOTE: Changes to payroll information are not retro-active. They only alter future information.
Configuring the Timeclock options:
- In RTS, go to:
Setup -> Timeclock -> Options.
On the "This Computer" tab, check what options you need:
- "Enable Time Clock" = Toggles the timeclock toolbar button on/off
- "Require Finger Print Reader" = Forces timeclock punches to use a finger print reader
- "Allow Punches From Login Screen Only" = Only allows access to clock in/out from the login screen, using the "TimeClock" button.
On the "Network Settings" tab, check what options you need:
- "Enable Lunch" = Enables lunch in/out time clock punches
- "Enable Break" = Enables break in/out time clock punches
- "Remove Break From Total Hours" = Removes break time from the total hours
- "Remove Lunch From Total Hours" = Removes lunch time from the total hours
Schedule Verify Settings:
- "Enable" = Enables employee schedule verification when using the time clock.
- "Lockout Punches before Schedule Time" = Determines how long before a scheduled shift an employee can clock in without management approval. This can be overridden if the employee has the Schedule Override option for their password. This is configured on the password window.
Hours Display Format:
- This option lets you choose to have your employee hours listed as hours (8:15) or decimals (8.25) on the Time Clock Reports.
Creating the "Departments" that employees can be in:
Examples of Departments would be: Cashier, Janitorial, Usher, Wait Staff, etc.
- Navigate to:
Setup -> Time Clock -> Options.
- Choose the "Departments" tab, Click Edit
- A window will prompt to add or remove departments, Select "Add" to enter a new department name (you can use "Delete" to remove unused departments if needed)
- Once all the departments you need are added, select "Save"
- Please repeat these steps as needed. If the department can complete transactions, please mark the box "Finish Cash Transactions".
Assigning Time Clock Departments:
Each Employee will now be assigned to a Time Clock Department.
Note: Employees can be assigned to multiple time clock groups. When the employee clocks in, they will be prompted to log in to their job for the shift.
1) In RTS, navigate to:
Setup -> Timeclock -> Employees in Department.
2) Check off the department the employee is assigned. Repeat the steps as needed. "Save" when
Assign Pay Rates:
RTS can also calculate pay rates. This will be assigned per the employee’s department.
1) Navigate to
Setup –> Time Clock –> Payroll.
2) Designate if the employee is hourly or salary.
3) Enter their pay rate by double-clicking in the pay rate for the designated department.
4) Repeat this step as needed and select "Save" when done.
Scheduling employees with the "Employee Scheduler:
- In the RTS software, navigate to:
Actions -> Schedule -> Employees.
- For each name listed, click on the start time of their shift, you will be prompted to pick a department if the person is listed in multiple departments, select the department they will work in for that shift. If you need to adjust the time, click and drag the green shift block. You can extend the shift by dragging the ends out, or you can set the default shift length at the top of the scheduler
- Repeat for each employee working that day. Use the calendar to build other days
- Close the scheduler when done
Overview of RTS Timeclock Reports
Accessing Timeclock Reports:
The following Timeclock reports can be accessed:
- Current Status: Shows the current status of all employees in the system. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Current Status.
- Daily - Shows a detailed report of every time punch per day. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Daily.
- Detail - Shows all time clock activity per day, with a time stamp. Also shows breaks and lunches. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Detail.
- Employee - Reports the hours clocked in separated by employee. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Employee.
- Labor Cost - Compares labor costs to sales. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Labor Cost.
- Payroll Report - Shows the hours worked, pay rate, and totals. Broken down per employee. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Payroll Report.
- Payroll Cost - Compares payroll costs to admissions. Navigate to:
Reports -> Timeclock -> Payroll Cost.