This page goes over how to organize your modifiers when selecting them on the selling screen. This page also talks about how to set items to pull a specific amount from inventory. All of this is done in
Setup -> Concessions -> Modifiers.
Modifier Window Breakdown
Main Items - The Main Item is the name of your combo or the parent item that will have items associated when sold. The Main Item selected in the list on the left is the item you are editing.
Sub Items - Sub Items are the items within your combo or that will be associated when the main item is sold. The Sub Item selected in the list in the center is the item you are editing.
Main Item List - This is the list of all concession items. Click and drag the item from this list to either your Main Item list or Sub Item list.
Display Text - Overrides the default display text on the app for the currently selected Main Item
Main Item Picks Min - This is the least number of sub-items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Main Item Max - This is the maximum number of sub-items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Special Items Picks Min - This is the least number of the special button marked sub items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Special Items Picks Max - This is the maximum number of the special button marked sub items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Sub Item Options Breakdown
- Stock From - This designates the stockroom the sub item will stock from.
- Sell From This Station Inventory - Check if the item will sell from this station's inventory instead of the Stock From inventory.
- Amount - This designates how many items are sold. For example, if your combo features (2) Large Drinks, Large Drink will have the amount of (2) as opposed to listing Large Drink twice in the Sub Item window.
- Discount - This deducts the price of the sub item based on the amount entered into the field.
- Multi Pick Initially Selected - If this setting is checked, when the modifier menu is first displayed on the selling screen or in the app, the item will be initially selected.
- Special Button - This indicates this sub item used to modify an item after it has been added to the tender menu, typically used in restaurant mode.
- Hide in Register - The item will not appear in the tender menu or on the app.
- Not Free (Parent Reward) - If the Main Item is being redeemed as a reward, this selection will allow the Sub Item to still have a cost associated with it if selected.
- Disable Reward Redemption - This prevents the Sub Item from being used as a reward. For instance, someone has a free popcorn reward available and orders the combo which already has a discounted popcorn in it and they do not want their reward to go towards a discounted item.
- Prompt for Amount Override - When this Sub Item is selected, it will prompt to enter a quantity.
- Display Text - This will override the default item display text in the app.
This tab allows you to enter a description for the sub-item to display on the app.
This modifier example shows how to clean up the look of an existing modifier as well as create fewer steps to select an item on the selling screen.
- What I did with this example is I created a choice item to remove some of the drink options I had from my sub-item list.
- With the drink choice, the item is hidden from the register.
An example of this modifier would be I have a button called Drink Choice. Customers get to decide what kind of drink they want.
- To start I created an item called Drink Choice. The price of the drink choice was the price I would charge for a regular drink.
- When that item was created I set it to the Modifier window and added the drink choice to the Main Items List.
- Then in the sub-list, I would include my drink flavors.
- The min and max for the Main Item Picks are set to 1:1, the reason being is because we want to be able to choose one drink flavor per drink choice.
- With the choices in place, I am now able to either use this choice as its own button on the selling screen. I can also use this in multiple modifiers without having all my drink flavors as sub-items.
Pulling a Specific Amount from Inventory
An example of this modifier would be I am keeping track of how much of a wine bottle I use to make a glass of wine.