Each day, all selling stations must be closed prior to closing the deposit. It is important that each station is closed, followed by closing the deposit, each day.
1) Select the Close Station Icon.
2) Choose the station you would like to close.
3) If you do not see it in the list, navigate to
Setup –> Station Numbers and add the station to the list.
4) RTS will prompt a close station window that will have an amount that should be in your drawer. This will be in the Over/Under Section.
5) Verify your over/under by entering your station drawer amount (if you are using the RTS configured banks, this will include your starting drawer amount). You may enter this by entering the amount in checks, or you can enter the amount of 20s, 10s, etc.
6) If the amount is what RTS expects, the drawer will be even. If not and you verify the over/under, select Close Station.
6) Repeat for all Stations. DO NOT move on to the Close Deposit steps until all stations have closed.
Servers Closing Themselves:
- From the pinpad login screen, select Close and login.
- On the Credit Cards tab, highlight an entry and enter any credit card tips.
- Enter cash for orders under Cash, excluding tips. Those go under the Cash Tips section.
- When everything looks good, select Close Server.
Manager Closing Servers:
- From the pinpad login screen, select Manager and login.
- Navigate to:
Actions -> Station -> Close Tab Station
- If servers have closed themselves out, they will appear under Closed. From here you can verify you received the correct amount of Cash and Cash Tips for each server and select Finalize Station.
- If servers have not closed themselves, they will appear under the Open tab.
- In here you can highlight a server, view if they have any open tabs still, add tips to credit cards, as well as enter in their Cash and Cash Tips. If you are closing them out and immediately finalizing, you can click Close and Finalize Station instead of doing it in two steps.
- If any cash drawers were used, it will show which servers were on them as well as how much should be in the drawer and is closed out in the same fashion.
Closing ticket stations:
- You can view which stations are still open via
Reports -> Stations -> Openor
Actions -> Station -> Close Station.
- If you do not see the open station here, you can add stations to the computer under
Setup -> Station Numbers, select it from the list on the right and select Add, then Save.
- They will now appear on the list of stations to close.
- Enter the amount of cash in, this can all be put into the Checks field, or broken down by bill type, then select Close Station.
Closing the deposit:
- Follow the steps for closing ticket stations. After clicking Close Deposit, will additionally be prompted for secure user information for sending the credit card batches.
- After the deposit is closed, there will be a prompt to close tickets. Select Close Tickets.
- The shift report is sent automatically when the deposit is closed, the daily ticket report is sent when the tickets are closed.