This section discusses gift card functionality in RTS, ranging from how to order cards, sell cards, and how to redeem.
Note: RTS can also sell gift cards online. Please see our wiki for more information.
Online Gift Cards
The section is divided into eight parts:
- Gift Card Ordering
- Adding Money to Cards
- Removing Money from Cards
- Adding Passes to Gift Cards
- Adding Concession Items to Gift Cards
- Transferring Gift Card Information
- Completing Transactions with Gift Cards
RTS suggests ordering cards from Plastic Printers. When cards are ordered, Plastic Printers will request cards numbers from RTS so we can generate the card numbers directly within your database. This way you will not have to manually enter the card numbers. Contact information is provided below.
741 Spiral Blvd. • Hastings, MN 55033
When using a different card company:
1) Email firstname.lastname@example.org including the locations' information and the number of card numbers needing to be generated.
2) Our card numbers are provided in the following format:
a) Track 1, human-readable CR-LF
b) Cards need to be encoded on ABA Track 1 only, nothing on Track 2 or 3. Cards can be lo-co or hi-co (lo-co is preferred and usually more cost effective). Note: It is strongly recommended that the card number be printed on the cards due to normal wear of the magnetic strip.
- Above information is for the manufacturer.