This section will explain how to add RTS on to a workstation or office computer.
This section is divided into FOUR parts
Downloading the Software
RTS Can be downloaded using the following Link or using the following instructions.
Note: Please contact our technical support team at anytime for assistance.
1) If not using the link, navigate to:
2) Select the Customers tab.
3) Click on the link labeled Setting Up A New Computer to start the download.
4) The RTS stub installer will begin to download. Depending on your internet browser, the setup file will appear in the bottom of the browser or the top right corner.
5) Run the stubinstaller.exe file, this will download the Setup.exe file for RTS to your desktop.
6) Right click on the RTS Setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
7) RTS will continue to run through the download. A message will prompt if you would like to install a sample demo configuration, select No.
8) RTS will now begin to download. Depending on your browser, the setup link will appear in the bottom of the browser, or in the right-hand corner.
9) Click on stub installer for the install to run
10) After the installer has downloaded, you will see a prompt that it has downloaded to the desktop. Right click on the icon and select “Run as administrator.”
11) The install will now begin.
12) After the setup has been downloaded to the desktop you will see the following prompt. If you are ready to run the setup, select Yes.
13) RTS will continue to run through the download. A message will prompt if you would like to install a sample demo configuration. Select No.
14) The next window will ask what type of unit RTS is being downloaded on. For instance, is it an office computer? A PT 6515? SP 5514? Other? Select as needed.
Note: This is an important step as RTS will load settings specific to the type of computer, such as printer and power settings.
15) After selecting the computer type, RTS will continue with the installation. The next steps depend if you are inside the server’s network or not.
Connecting RTS to your Server when Inside the Network
1) RTS will ask if you would like to connect to a local server. When inside the theatre's network, select YES when prompted.
2) Select your server's IP address from the detected server list.
Note: You may verify your server's IP address by navigating on your server to
Help -> About and viewing the credentials for the IP address
3) Once your server's IP address has been verified, select Connect. Your workstation will now be connected to the server. If you do not see your server in the list, click Rescan.
Note: If it does not appear, select Close. The settings can be manually entered using the steps under Connecting a Workstation outside the Network.
4) After connecting to the server, you may designate a station number(s) for the terminal. Select the station number and click Add. Repeat the steps as needed. If you do not wish to add station numbers during the installation, select Close and proceed with the installation.
5) The final steps of the installation will now commence. You should see this window appear, similar to the
Help -> About Window.
6) If the setup is successful, the RTS login screen will appear. Please login using your password.
Connecting RTS to your Server when Outside the Network
1) If you are connecting to RTS when outside the network, select No when prompted to connect to a local server. This situation is frequently used when setting up a home or corporate office computer.
Note: RTS does not require an additional license for office use.
2) After electing not to connect to the server, you may designate a station number(s) for the terminal. Select the station number and click Add. Repeat the steps as needed. If you do not wish to add station numbers during the installation, select Close and proceed with the installation.
3) The final steps of the installation will now commence. You should see this window appear, similar to the
Help -> About window.
4) Since your RTS is not connected to the server, a blank RTS will appear. Please login using the password boxoffice. If the wrong password is used, a prompt will appear explaining the correct password.
5) After logging in, navigate to
File -> Other -> Network Connection Select Edit Network Servers.
6) Select Edit Network Servers. The Network Location Setup window will appear.
7) Check off Enable Multiple Servers, found in the nottom right corner.
8) To connect to RTS outside of the network, you will need your RTN number. This can be found under
Help -> About on your server's computer or it can be provided by our RTS team.
9) Click the Add button.
10) In the field,name your connection. RTS suggests using your theatre name followed by Away.
11) Type in your RTN number in the Server field. Then click the +formovietickets.com field. This will automatically add the needed information.
12) To verify the connection, select Test. If the connection is active, a Working message will appear. Our technical support team is available if you experience any difficulties. Please repeat the steps as needed if you have multiple locations.
Note: Your computer may also have connections for inside the local network as well. Please see the following notes for "Adding a Connection Manually".
Manually Connecting RTS to your Server
1) Navigate to
File -> Other -> Network Connection Select Edit Network Servers. The Network Location Setup window will appear.
2) Verify that Enable Multiple Servers in the bottom right corner is checked
3) Click the Add button. RTS suggests naming the connection with your theatre followed by "local" or "away" to designate where this connection will be used.
4) The new connection will now be added to the Connection List. Please enter your Server's IP address. This can be found by navigating on your server to
Help -> About and viewing your server's IP address.
5) Once all local connections have been added, select Save. When restarting your server, please select the connection you would like to use.