Modifiers (Combos, Recipes, etc.)
Modifiers (Recipes, Combos, etc.)
Modifiers are how you set up additional items that are sold with another item is rung up. This could be used for combo, or setting up choices for item.
Setup -> Concessions –> Modifier
- Locate your combo from the Main Item List. You may sort by number or alphanumerically.
- Please use the Search bar for efficiency.
- Highlight your combo or Main Item and drag to this Main Item List.
- Locate your Sub Items from the Main Item List on the right. Drag the concession item from the Main Item List to the Sub Items.
- Set your Min and Max accordingly. For example, if you have three predetermined items in your combo, you would set the min to 3 and the max to 3, so they are automatically selected each time the Main Item is rung up.
- Set you Sub Item to pull from the correct inventory using the Stock From drop down menu.
- Set your Amount to designate how many Sub Items the customer will receive.
- Discount your Sub Items based off of how you want your item to offset the price of your Main Item. The price of the Main Item is determined by
'Price of Main Item' + ('Price of Sub Item 1' - 'Discount on Sub Item 1') + ('Price of Sub Item 2' - 'Discount on Sub Item 2')...
- Select Save to save this station, or Save As to overwrite other stations.
Setup Modifiers Explained
Main Items - The Main Item is the name of your combo or the parent item that will have items associated when sold. The Main Item selected in the list on the left is the item you are editing.
Sub Items - Sub Items are the items within your combo or that will be associated when the main item is sold. The Sub Item selected in the list in the center is the item you are editing.
Main Item List - This is the list of all concession items. Click and drag the item from this list to either your Main Item list or Sub Item list.
Display Text - Overrides the default display text on the app for the currently selected Main Item
Main Item Picks Min - This is the least number of sub items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Main Item Max - This is the maximum number of sub items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Special Items Picks Min - This is the least number of special button marked sub items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Special Items Picks Max - This is the maximum number of special button marked sub items that can be selected on the selling screen or app for the current main item.
Sub Item Options
- Stock From - This designates the stockroom the sub item will stock from.
- Sell From This Station Inventory - Check if the item will sell from this station's inventory instead of the Stock From inventory.
- Amount - This designates how many items are sold. For example, if your combo features (2) Large Drinks, Large Drink will have the amount of (2) opposed to listing Large Drink twice in the Sub Item window.
- Discount - This deducts the price of the sub item based on the amount entered into the field.
- Multi Pick Initially Selected - If this setting is checked, when the modifier menu is first displayed on the selling screen or in the app, the item will be initially selected.
- Special Button - This indicates this sub item used to modify an item after it has been added to the tender menu, typically used in restaurant mode.
- Hide in Register - The item will not appear in the tender menu or on the app.
- Not Free (Parent Reward) - If the Main Item is being redeemed as a reward, this selection will allow the Sub Item to still have a cost associated with it if selected.
- Disable Reward Redemption - This prevents the Sub Item from being used as a reward. For instance, someone has a free popcorn reward available and orders the combo which already has a discounted popcorn in it and they do not want their reward to go towards a discounted item.
- Prompt for Amount Override - When this Sub Item is selected, it will prompt to enter a quantity.
- Display Text - This will override the default item display text in the app.
This tab allows you to enter a description for the sub item to display on the app.