Revision as of 17:30, 11 April 2019 by JenG (Created page with "'''Basic Printer Troubleshooting:''' *Have you restarted the computer? *When was the last time the printer worked? ::- Has it been moved from another station? *Are you get...")
Basic Printer Troubleshooting:
- Have you restarted the computer?
- When was the last time the printer worked?
- - Has it been moved from another station?
- Are you getting an "output error" and the software restarts?
- - Have you checked that there is paper in it?
- - Is the paper loading door firmly closed?
- What kind of cable is the printer using?
- - Is there a converter cable? (usually serial to USB)
- - Have you double checked all the connections and made sure they were snug?
- Can you access the printer and print from Windows?
- - Depending on the printer does it show up in device manager?
- Has anyone changed any RTS printer settings?
- - Are there other stations with the same hardware to compare settings with?