Basic Printer Troubleshooting:
- Have you restarted the computer?
- When was the last time the printer worked?
- - Has it been moved from another station?
- Are you getting an "output error" and the software restarts?
- - Have you checked that there is paper in it?
- - Is the paper loading door firmly closed?
- What kind of cable is the printer using?
- - Is there a converter cable? (usually serial to USB)
- - Have you double checked all the connections and made sure they were snug?
- Can you access the printer and print from Windows?
- - Depending on the printer does it show up in device manager?
- Has anyone changed any RTS printer settings?
- - Are there other stations with the same hardware to compare settings with?
Cash drawer connected through USB printer to POS.
On the POS, open
Setup -> Local Computer
Under "Connections", set the Connection field to point to the connection showing under USB Active Connections:
- Credit Card
For the Model/Layout selection on the items listed above, set to Samsung SRP. "Save", then test printing and cash drawer functionality.
Notes about layouts: Samsung SRP series and Epson TM series are the same layouts. They are the default layout for printers that use ESC/POS printer codes.
Practical 2x3.25 and boca 2x3.25 are the same layouts, they are for printers that use FGL printer codes.