Pushing App Notifications
The RTS App allows you to push messages to your patrons alerting them of new movies, special promotions or anything else you may want to send out to your guests.
We will need to setup a marketing account which should be filled out when you send in the App Setup Form. Signing in with the email account will allow you to craft and send your notification message.
To send an alert first sign in the notification push website at http://push.readyticket.net:8091
The main screen lists all your locations and is the hub of where you will send messages from.
You can choose to send to all locations in your chain or to a single site.
- NOTE: If sending to a single location, only customers who have THAT location favorited will receive the notification. This is useful if you have a special unique to that location.
- NOTE: You can test the message first by clicking the Send to Test Devices then selecting either All devices or a specific device.
1) Select the location(s) you wish to send from, fill out the Message Header and input the message in the Message Body field.
2) Next, click the
Send Message to Users button to send your message to your patrons. The red text at the bottom of the
Recipients: block will indicate which "mode" you are in when sending notifications.
Manage Test Devices
Adding a Test Device
With the device ID window open click the
Copy Notification ID. This will be copied to the devices clipboard and can then be pasted and emailed or sent via text. You will need this ID which us unique to each device you with to test.
1) Once you have your device ID, from the main Send Push Notification window. click the gear icon on the Test Device(s) section. In the Add Test Device section, enter the Device Name then paste in the Device Notification ID you gathered in the previous step.
2) Click the Add Device button to add the device.
3) Repeat as necessary for each device you wish to test on. Again each test device will have a unique ID.
Edit Test Devices
Send to Test Device
You can also send your messages to test devices to verify before sending live to all your customers using the
Test Device(s) block.
1) You'll create your message as normal, but you will then select either All Test Devices, or a singular device for testing.
2) Next, click the Send Test button. Your message will be broadcast to your test device(s) for review.