RTS Restaurant Interface
- 1 Table Service w/ Ticketing
- 2 Full Service Restaurant
Table Service w/ Ticketing
Use these options if you plan on doing both table/quick service and ticketing from the same station.
Enabling Restaurant Mode
Enabling Restaurant Mode – Reserved Layouts
First, reserved seating layouts must be enabled to be a table service layout. These settings will apply to any stations in the restaurant interface.
1) To enable a reserved seating layout for the restaurant interface, navigate to Setup – Reserved Seats – Graphical. 2) Right Click on the background that will be used as a server layout to start tabs. You can view different layouts using the drop downs at the top of the window called “Layouts.” 3) After you right click on the desired background, select Table Service Layout. 4) Repeat as needed.
Next, assign a default layout to prompt first for particular stations.
1) Navigate to Setup – Banks 2) Choose the Station number in the drop down 3) Select the Reserved Seating Layout assigned to that station under Default Restaurant Place 4) The Restaurant Type should also be set to Reserved Seat Tabs 5) Save when all stations are configured.
Enable a Station into the Restaurant Interface
1) Navigate to Setup – Local Computer and select the Restaurant Tab 2) Check the box that states PinPad Login. This will enable the Restaurant Interface when selecting the selling screen.
- NOTE: The next time you choose the selling screen or open RTS, you will see the Restaurant Interface pin pad login. If you want to disable the restaurant mode and resume quick service/boxoffice mode, select the manger button, log in, and repeat the above steps and uncheck PinPad Login.
Quick Service Instructions
Table Service Instructions
Disabling Ticketing Features
1) Navigate to
Setup -> Concessions -> Touch Screen Layout -> Employee Station.
2) Select the Station Number you wish to remove ticketing from.
3) Select the "Delete Item" Button, click the "Tickets" item, unselect the "Delete Item" Button.
Full Service Restaurant
Use this if you are looking for a more in-depth table service solution. This interface does not include an ability to sell tickets.
Enabling the Full Service Interface (Pin Pad Mode)
- To enable Full Service Restaurant Interface, navigate to:
Setup -> Local Computer -> Restaurant.
- Click PinPad Login.
- The next time you login to RTS you'll then be able to login with the Pin Pad Interface.
Pin Pad Login Options
Click this after entering in your pin/password.
Manager This brings up the standard RTS login box and allows access to RTS base mode.
Close This initiates Cashier Closing procedures.
Enabling a graphical layout for table service
Your restaurant layout is created in the same manner as reserved seating. Refer to our article here: Setting Up Reserved Seating.
Once your layout is complete, you can set it by going to:
1) Navigate to:
Setup -> Reserved Seats -> Graphical.
2) Choose the appropriate layout from the "Layout" dropdown.
3) Right Click on the background and make sure "Table Service Layout is selected.
4) Create a Schedule Location for your layout - see Auditoriums.
5) Assign a default starting layout to a station. Navigate to
Setup -> Banks, select the "Station Number", set the Station Type to "Reserved Seat Tabs", then assign the Default Restaurant Place to the layout set up previously.