RTS Usher App
The RTS usher app is now available for Android devices. You can download it here
- Note: Google can sometimes take days to push app updates to the Play Store. If you need to manually download the most up to date version of the Usher App, you can do so here
The App allows you to pick up tickets from an Android device. It works similarly to a barcode scanner allowing you to scan tickets your patrons print out or to also scan customer phones directly. Below are example screens and button descriptions to help use the app effectively.
NOTE: Tickets can only be picked up within a 45-minute window either before or after the performance start time.
To use the app:
1. Make sure your ushers are set up correctly in RTS to log-in to the app.
2. Configure the Usher App to connect to the server.
3. Once logged in, pressing the Scan button enables your device's camera to scan barcodes.
4. After scanning the ticket the usher will receive a pickup response indicating a successful ticket pickup or an error indicating possible issues with the ticket.
You will be required to set up an email address for "usher" employees and configure them to use the usher app.
NOTE: If you are not able to see your name in the Password list, an administrator with higher credentials will need to configure your settings.
To add an email address, navigate in RTS to
Setup –> Password.
Scroll through the permissions settings near to the bottom. Add your email address in the “Email Address” field under the Info Section.
You will also find two app permissions:
- Usher App - Setting to True allows this user to log in and use the usher app.
- Usher App Not Clocked In - Setting to True allows this user to log in and use the usher app even if they are not currently clocked into RTS (useful for high-level users such as Owners, GM's, etc who may not be using the RTS Timeclock)
- Login - Clicking this button takes you to the app login screen where you'll enter your email address and password.
- Config - Clicking this button opens the server configuration window where you'll enter in the local IP address of your RTS server.
This screen allows you to input the server IP address. You'll enter the Local IP address of your RTS server in this window. The device you have the usher app on must be connected to the same RTS network as the RTS server. In regards to firewall settings, the Usher App operates entirely within your network and does not need outbound access.
To determine which of your machines is currently the server at your location, find the machine displaying [Server] in the title bar at the top of your RTS window.
From this terminal, navigate to
Help > About and the IP of the current terminal will be the 3rd line shown on the image here:
- Cancel - This button cancels the setup and returns you to the previous screen.
- Connect - This button connects you to the RTS Server IP address entered into the app.
After clicking Connect you will be prompted to save the connection per below:
- Login - After entering your login credentials this button logs you into the app.
- Clear - This button clears the login credentials in the case that multiple users are operating the same device or you've entered in incorrect credentials
- Flip Camera - If there are front and back cameras, this button will allow you to switch which camera to scan barcodes with.
- Light - If the device is equipped with a light, this button will turn the light on or off.
- Scan/Pause - Use this button to scan barcodes. When the camera is active this button will change to Pause, which will turn the camera back off.
The scan screen opens the camera and enables you to scan tickets. Once you've focused on a QR Code you should see the following dialog box:
See the ticket pickup responses below for further information on the status of pickup.