RTS Usher App
RTS Usher App
The RTS usher app allows you to pick up tickets from an Android device. It works similar to a barcode scanner allowing you to scan tickets your patrons print out or to also scan customer phones directly. Below are example screens and button descriptions to help use the app effectively.
You will be required to set up an email address for "usher" employees. To add an email address, navigate in RTS to
Setup –> Password.
NOTE: If you are not able to see your name in the Password list, an administrator with higher credentials will need to configure your settings.
- Login - Clicking this button takes you to the app login screen where you'll enter your email address and password.
- Config - Clicking this button opens the server configuration window where you'll enter in the local IP address of your RTS server.
This screen allows you to input the server IP address. The device you have the usher app on must be connected to the same RTS network as the RTS server. You'll enter the Local IP address of your RTS server in this window.
- Cancel - This button cancels the setup and returns you to the previous screen.
- Connect - This button connects you to the RTS Server IP address entered into the app.
- Login - After entering your login credentials this button logs you into the app.
- Clear - This button clears the login credentials in the case that multiple users are operating the same device or you've entered in incorrect credentials
- Flip Camera - If there are front and back cameras, this button will allow you to switch which camera to scan barcodes with.
- Light - If the device is equipped with a light, this button will turn the light on or off.
- Scan/Pause - Use this button to scan barcodes. When the camera is active this button will change to Pause, which will turn the camera back off.
The scan screen opens the camera and enables you to scan tickets. Once you've focused on a QR Code you should see the following dialog box:
See the ticket pickup responses below for further information on the status of pickup.