Sending App Notifications
The RTS App allows you to push messages to your patrons alerting them of new movies, special promotions or anything else you may want to send out to your guests.
We will need to setup a marketing account which should be filled out when you send in the App Setup Form. Signing in with the email account will allow you to craft and send your notification message.
To send an alert first sign in the notification push website at http://push.readyticket.net:8091
The main screen lists all your locations and is the hub of where you will send messages from.
You can choose to send to all locations in your chain or to a single site. Select the location(s) you wish to send from, fill out the Message Header and input the message in the Message Body field. Next, click the
Send Message button to send your message to your patrons.
- NOTE: If sending to a single location, only customers who have THAT location favorited will receive the notification.
- NOTE: You can test the message first by clicking the Send to Test Devices then selecting either All devices or a specific device.
Manage Test Devices
Adding a Test Device
With the device ID window open click either the
Copy to clipboard or the
The "Copy to clipboard" option copies the ID into your devices memory and can then be pasted into the chat or email program of your choice. The "Share" button offers you choices of your devices configured communications programs (email, chat, etc...) and pastes the ID code automatically. You will need this ID which us unique to each device you with to test.
1) Once you have your device ID, from the main Send Push Notification window. click the gear icon on the Test Device(s) section. In the Add Test Device section, enter the Device Name then paste in the Device Notification ID you gathered in the previous step.
2) Click the Add Device button to add the device.
3) Repeat as necessary for each device you wish to test on. Again each test device will have a unique ID.
Edit Test Devices
Send to Test Device
Here is where you will send your messages to test devices.
- NOTE: Make sure that the
Send to Test Devicebox is checked or you test message will go to everyone who has the app installed.
By clicking History in the top left side of the page, you can see any previous notifications sent. You can view sent messages, as well as clone any messages you may want to resend.
- To view previous messages, click the orange mail icon.
- To clone and resend any previous messages, click the orange file icon on the right.