Using the RTS Timeclock
- 1 Timeclock Configuration and Setup Information
- 1.1 Overview of the Process:
- 1.2 Configuring the Timeclock options:
- 1.3 Creating the "Departments" that employees can be in:
- 1.4 Placing the employees in the appropriate departments:
- 1.5 Entering the appropriate pay rates for each employee, in each department:
- 1.6 Scheduling employees with the "Employee Scheduler:
- 1.7 Overview of RTS Timeclock Reports
Timeclock Configuration and Setup Information
Overview of the Process:
- Configuring the Timeclock options
- Creating the "Departments" that employees can be in
- Placing the employees in the appropriate departments
- Entering the appropriate pay rates for each employee, in each department
- Scheduling employees with the "Employee Scheduler"
Changes to payroll information are not retro-active. They only alter future information.
Configuring the Timeclock options:
- In RTS, go to:
Setup -> Timeclock -> Options
- On the "This Computer" tab, check what options you need:
- "Enable Time Clock" = Toggles the timeclock toolbar button on/off
- "Require Finger Print Reader" = Forces timeclock punches to use a finger print reader
- "Allow Punches From Login Screen Only" = Only allows access to clock in/out from the login screen, using the "TimeClock" button
On the "Network Settings" tab, check what options you need:
- "Enable Lunch" = Enables lunch in/out time clock punches
- "Enable Break" = Enables break in/out time clock punches
- "Remove Break From Total Hours" = Removes break time from the total hours
- "Remove Lunch From Total Hours" = Removes lunch time from the total hours
Schedule Verify Settings
- "Enable" = Enables employee schedule verification when using the time clock.
- "Lockout Punches before Schedule Time" = Determines how long before a scheduled shift an employee can clock in without management approval. This can be overridden if the employee has the Schedule Override option for their password. This is configured on the password window.
Hours Display Format
This option lets you choose to have your employee hours listed as hours (8:15) or decimals (8.25) on the Time Clock Reports.
Creating the "Departments" that employees can be in:
Examples of Departments would be: Cashier, Janitorial, Usher, Wait Staff, etc
- Choose the "Departments" tab
- Select "Add" to enter a new department name (you can use "Delete" to remove unused departments if needed
- Once all the departments you need are added, select "Save"
Placing the employees in the appropriate departments:
- In RTS, go to:
Setup -> Timeclock -> Employees in Department
- Highlight an employee on the left, and then check the department(s) that the employee works in
- Repeat for each employee
- Select "Save"
Entering the appropriate pay rates for each employee, in each department:
- In RTS, go to: Setup -> Timeclock -> Payroll
- Highlight an employee on the left, and choose whether they are a Salaried or Hourly employee
- Enter the pay rate for each department. For salaried employees, enter their weekly salary
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each employee
- Select "Save"
Scheduling employees with the "Employee Scheduler:
- In the RTS software, go to: Actions -> Schedule -> Employees
- For each name listed, click on the start time of their shift, you will be prompted to pick a department if the person is listed in multiple departments, select the department they will work in for that shift. If you need to adjust the time, click and drag the green shift block. You can extend the shift by dragging the ends out, or you can set the default shift length at the top of the scheduler
- Repeat for each employee working that day. Use the calendar to build other days
- Close the scheduler when done
Overview of RTS Timeclock Reports
Accessing Timeclock Reports:
Timeclock reports are access using: Reports -> Timeclock
- Daily - Shows a detailed report of every time punch per day.
- Current Status - Shows the current status of all employees in the system.
- Employee - Reports the hours clocked in separated by employee.
- Detail - Shows all time clock activity per day, with a time stamp. Also shows breaks and lunches.
- Payroll Report - Shows the hours worked, pay rate, and totals. Broken down per employee.
- Payroll Cost - Compares payroll costs to admissions and sales.